Additional details on each of these PowerMTA features is available for a more in-depth review.
VirtualMTA Technology – VirtualMTA technology allows senders to control the source IP address for each single message. Each VirtualMTA performs its delivery functions independently; therefore, as long as the source IP is not blacklisted, your message has a higher chance of being routed to the inbox.
Delivery Policy Management – PowerMTA lets you set your configurations globally, per recipient domain, per campaign, per client, per “VirtualMTA”, etc. to help meet ISP standards including:
- Number of simultaneous connections
- Number of messages per connection
- Number of delivery attempts per hour (throttling)
- Retry period and bounce period
- Authentication method
In addition, PowerMTA provides support in these areas:
- Ability to break connections of lower priority queues
- New IP address warm-up feature to help build reputation
- Ability to pause queues and delete or re-start
Power Queue – the heart of PowerMTA: performance and scalability:
- Delivers 10x more messages per hour than leading freeware alternatives and corporate mail systems
- Strict compliance with Internet email protocols
- Includes both outbound and inbound message processing
Segmentation & Classification – built-in functionality includes:
- VirtualMTAs allowing you to segment your mail-streams as necessary. Each VMTA may have its own IP address and delivery policy configured by you.
Reputation Monitoring – built-in functionality lets you stay on top of your reputation and be proactive about fixing problems:
- Real-time reputation monitoring
- Immediate notification of perceived blocks
- Ability to implement new delivery policy for perceived blocks
Delivery Reporting – PowerMTA lets you track what is important to you and allows you to access the data through a variety of methods including:
- Command line statistics and analysis utility
- Web-based status monitoring
- Data export of statistics log (XML, CSV, HTML, etc.)
- API to statistics log (C, Java, Perl)
- Data can be accessed in real-time or batch mode.
- Statistics can also be retrieved on a “per job” or “Virtual MTA” basis.
Integration & Personalization – Integration with your CRM is easy with PMTA:
- Standard submission interface using SMTP
- File-based submission using pickup directory
- Proprietary submission interface through our API (C, C++, Java, Perl, .NET)
- Data exports from delivery log (XML, CSV, HTML, etc.)
- API to delivery log (C, Java, Perl)
- Forwarding of inbound messages to file or via local pipe
PowerMTA is easy to install and configure. Most users have it up and running in just a few minutes.
- Installation follows the common approaches used on each of the major platforms.
- Text-file configuration tool comes pre-populated with common settings
- Extensive control options allow you to tailor PowerMTA to your specific needs.
- A command-line management tool is provided.
Authentication/Accreditation Tools – PowerMTA has built-in support for:
- Domain Keys and DKIM (including multiple DKIM signatures)
- SenderID and SPF
- “Guaranteed Authentic” mode
Platforms & Packages – PowerMTA is delivered as downloadable software that runs on standard platforms on commodity hardware. Supported platforms include:
- Microsoft Windows (2008/2012)
- Linux RPM based (Red Hat, CentOS) and DEB based (Debian, Ubuntu)
- Sun Solaris (Solaris 8 or later, SPARC)